We are approved by the Department of Licensing (DOL) as a knowledge (written) and skills (driving) testing provider.
- DOL Knowledge Test $ 35 (up to two attempts)
- DOL Skills Test $ 45 (using own vehicle) per attempt
- DOL Skills Test $ 65 (using OTDS vehicle) per attempt
Terms: Cash, Check, Debit Card or Credit Card payable at the time you schedule. This payment reserves your appointment time. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, arrive late or are not prepared a $30 fee will be added.
Examples of not being prepared include:
- Vehicle is not in complete working order
- Current Insurance ID not available
- Knowledge Test: Tue, Wed, Thu from 12:30 – 5:30 PM
- Saturday by appointment at 4:45 PM. Call to schedule.
- Skills Test: by appointment, Mon – Fri
Policies: You must present a WA ID card, WA Instruction Permit or WA DOL #. If you have never had a WA ID, permit or DOL # then preapply at https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/preapply.html You can also get your DOL # at the DOL office.
Steps to getting a Driver’s License: http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/steps.html
Steps to getting your Instruction Permit: https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/getpermit.html
Steps to getting you Driver’s License (over age 18): https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/18over.html
WA Drivers Guide: https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/guide.html
Practice knowledge test (5 question examples) : https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/practicetest.html
What to expect for the skills test: https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/drivingtest.html
Vancouver DOL Office Locations with links to hours and services available: https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/dsdoffices/OfficeList.aspx?cid=677